Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

O Holy Night

I have been going a little nuts this week. I get all Christmas spirity and something happens. I'm a project completing fool. Perhaps it's the desire to create a home that my family likes to be in. Or maybe it's the fact that I have 20 friends coming over in 5 days for a party. Not sure which.

Anyway, my favorite way to create is to use something I already have and repurpose it. I'm all about a "free" project. Sunk cost, and all.

So today I dragged an old canvas out of the garage and made it new! It was inspired by a picture I saw on pinterest. And frankly, I'm a little afraid of posting it for fear of the pinterest police coming after me and shutting down this silly blog I have going. So, go search, people. You'll know it when you see it.

Here's how the whole thing began...


That was a sassy little number I did about 5 years ago. Aaaand, it has sat in my garage for about 2 years now. That can there? It's chalkboard paint.

I gave the whole thing two coats and got to chalking!


Of course I made a couple mistakes along the way. Because I'm a perfectionist. And imperfect (see previous blog). So I decided to incorporate the mess into the final look. I'm sure it could be nicer. But I like it, just how it is. I hope you do, too.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment