Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm not perfect, just forgiven.

This is my motto:



See that tree? It's a little off. Kinda like me. I like to stand tall and look pretty, but actually, I'm less than perfect. Like WAY less. In fact, my older, bigger, wiser sister once told me something very meaningful. I was lamenting over a friend that I loved dearly, but whose perfect life always made me feel inferior. And that's when Beth told me this:

Everyone shows you what they want you to see. She may have perfect hair and makeup all the time, and her baseboards may never have dust on them. But there are things you're doing that she's not! So what your baseboards aren't dust free? Your kids are happy! Your home is fun and loving! You can't compare yourself to what you see on the outside of someone else's home!

And this is my advice to you today, as we venture into the month of parties and plays and gifts, oh my! The world of Santa and reindeer and elves on shelves. Remember this, dear reader! YOU CAN NOT DO IT ALL! AND IT'S OKAY!! If the elf doesn't move for a few days... did the world really end? Only take on what you can handle. And say NO to the rest. You can do it. I believe in you!!

But most of all, keep it real. Your REAL friends know your heart. You don't have to worry about your floor being spotless, because they aren't looking at it! Your baseboards maybe. But never the floor! ;) wink wink!


I soooo can't wait to get out the decorations this year. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment