Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

worry + wood = beauty

Today my kids went on lockdown at their schools. Some very strange and completely unrelated events took place in our happy little town. The first was a pair of convicts who were out on work release stole a truck and led police on a chase that ended right near my daughter's school. They caught one guy immediately, but the other remained at large for a great part of the day. And guess where he was all that time? Hiding under a mobile home in a trailer park about 2 short blocks from my daughter's school. Wow. As a precaution, Norman Public Schools locked down every school in town for a couple hours. Which turned out to be good, probably, since across town a man walked into a grocery store and robbed the bank inside around lunch time. He's still at large. And then there was the car wreck on I-35 which runs straight through our town. Someone died. :( Sad stuff, all of it. And strange, for our "small town." It may be a city of around 100,000 people, but trust me, this is a SMALL WORLD.

So while my kids were locked down today, I did what any mama in her jammies would do. I crafted. I locked my doors, prayed that the crazy man wouldn't end up in my neighborhood, finding refuge in my chicken coop, and got out my only weapon. My handy dandy saw. She not only kept me company, but also kept me safe. Cuz I don't have a gun. Although I'm thinking about it. But that's another blog post.

So I grabbed this old frame I had laying around, without a photo inside, and I cut a square of plywood. Then I got to work on my signature chevron. After it was dry, I sanded it down til it was worn out and I ripped the back off that little frame.



Then I laid the frame on top of the board.


And I ran into the office to print off a piece of scripture art from pinterest. Then I glued the frame down and voila!


And I put her in place on the wall, flanking her with some Italian trays my mom gave me a long time ago.


Not bad for a day of worrying and taking my frustrations out on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment