Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

office supplies

My son has the flu.

Have you ever used Tamiflu? Because I am here to tell you that it is a WONDER DRUG. I could not be more thankful for the makers of that awesome drug. Because my puny boy went from laying in bed ALL DAY on New Years Eve (cancelled plans, anyone?) to bouncing around my house like a whirling dervish in just two doses.

Amen! Thank you Jesus! Except could you make him slow down a little now?? Haha, I kid. Mostly.

Anyway, today, I was desperate for a new planner. I like to get my ducks in a row and I like to get them there early. I'm probably a little compulsive about my planning. But I like to think it makes for a better Kim.

So Mr. Mister took me to the Office supply store. He has known me for 16 years (plus) but I'm not sure he REALLY knew that when he took me in there with no price cap, I would be a kid in a candy store! He bought me a new set of Bic Flair pens (you'll thank me later), and some new folders (to keep all the crap together, of course!), along with the ALL IMPORTANT planner refill.

But what happened while we were standing there in the planner aisle, him OH SO PATIENTLY, and me, touching, looking, scheming, and salivating, was the BEST part of the trip. And there's not much that makes me more giddy than a trip to the office supply store.

It was this set of texts that came in from my children. First was THIS.


OH SNAP. Don't bother the beast, son. And DON'T, WHATEVER YOU DO, SEND HER THE TEXT YOU MEANT FOR ME.

I was standing there with my husband LAUGHING (head tilted back, belly laugh exploding), and I got THIS, from the cranky girl herself.


WOW. He was no joke! She really is cranky. And crazy. Did she really think I wanted to wear her JANDALS when I could be wearing my Ugg boots in this freezing cold weather???

WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment