Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

back to school!

Today was our first day back to school. I thoroughly enjoyed myself because..... well..... I got to spend time with my 13 little muses. And they did not disappoint in giving me blog material. OH NO.... THEY DID NOT.

We use a spelling curriculum that has sentences for each word. Many of these sentences have biblical references. And some use language that is from another century.

Like today.

Here's the sentence I read aloud for the spelling word sir:

Sir, a title of honor, was given to loin of beef by an English king in a fit of good humor.

((DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS))

And then this quip from a sweetie in the front row: A FIT OF GOOD HUMOR??? WHO EVEN COMES UP WITH THESE SENTENCES????

Cue ME, laughing a "head back, holding my tummy, belly laugh" that may or may not have echoed through the halls of our great establishment. It was surprisingly quiet in my little classroom. So much so that when I sat back up to catch a deep breath and opened my eyes, the whole class was staring at me. And maybe even at each other, wondering if their teacher had just lost it....

I obviously HADN'T lost it. But I might have peed my pants a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment